10. Whiskers in the bathroom sink. I complained of whiskers, he wasn’t much happier with make-up stains. Now it is just the make-up.
9. The shower door closing in the morning. Lyle listened for the alarm clock. I never heard it but when the water shut off and the door closed as Lyle exited the shower, I knew that it was time to get up.
8. A clean patio. Every Saturday morning Lyle sprayed down the back patio. One could safely walk in the back yard with bare feet and seldom step on those nasty juniper needles.
7. Having an in-house mechanic/handy-man. Faucets never used to drip. Cars always had safe tires. The list goes on and on.
6. Flowers that appeared “Just because...”.
5. A warm place to put cold feet at night. I don’t get near the reaction when I put my feet on a heated rice bag.
4. Omelets, stroganoff, breakfast pizza, raspberry dessert, chocolate revel bars, thin pancakes, fried chicken strips, Spanish, rice, made to order muffins, ....
3. Saying, “Go ask your dad.”
2. Friday night dates. With few exceptions, every Friday night for almost 27 years.
1. A shoulder to sleep on, to lean on, or even to cry on.
Yes, summers give me far too much reflection time.
2 comments:
OH, Aunt Margaret! We miss him too. We always knew we would have FHE, family scriptures and prayer, and not to mention amazing breakfast when we came to visit. We love you so much!
brandi,david, lincoln, and henry
Aunt Margaret - this helps me appreciate my sweetheart even more!! You're such an amazing person. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Love Dan and Tina Brewer
Post a Comment