Sorry that it has been so long since I have posted a blog. I have kind of been living between two places for the past month or more. I don't think I even began to understand what a big project I had taken on when I decided to move out of my home of 30 years. Can you even begin to imagine how much "stuff" can be collected under one roof in that much time? It didn't help that the condo that I bought was in need of a fair amount of work. We are still working on the finishing touches and putting things away but I am beginning to feel settled in. I could not have done it without my kids. Walter in particular has been there as my #1 handyman. He tore out all of the carpet and the kitchen cabinets. He put down tile in the kitchen, dining area, and bathroom. He has worked with the plumber, electrician, carpet layers, and cabinet installers. He has lugged countless boxes from one house to another. On top of moving mom - he was moving his family also. In my old house - his new house - he has put down new tile, painted, and is getting ready to put down laminate flooring in one more room.
I can't leave out the contributions of my other children. All have helped in the move. Even Chris and Kara gave up most of the week-end that they were here to help. Chris hung 11 sets of blinds and he and Kara delayed their return home to move much of my furniture up here. Thank you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment