Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Called to Serve


Jacob has been called to serve in the Eugene, Oregon mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He will enter the Missionary Training Center on November 18 where he will be for approximately three weeks. He is very excited about his call. He has been busy with shopping for all that is required to enter the MTC. He has found that a two years supply of suits, shirts, ties, etc. is a fairly big investment.
I am also very pleased for his call. Oregon is a lovely place even if they do believe that their speed limit should stay 10 mph lower than anyone else. (I only noticed this because of how it bogs down a trip from here to Washington).
I suppose it is a mom's job to be just a little sentimental as her last fledgling leaves the nest. Even I, who have found it useful to keep sentiment to a minimum, have indulged in a few moments of "but this is my baby!".

3 comments:

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

OH! Congrats Jacob. You made it! Congrats Margaret! You made it too! I know heaven is smiling kindly on both of you!

Tina said...

Congratulations!!! It is so exciting. It will be great!

Julie B. said...

Congratulations to Jacob! Please let us know when you find out what his address will be so we can write to him :)